Copper Sulphate (as Cu) 24%
- Ujjawala Copper contains copper (as Cu) 24% and Sulphur (as S) 12%.
- It is an important component of proteins found in the enzymes that regulate the rate of many biochemical reactions in plants.
- It is activates some enzymes in plants which are involved in lignin synthesis and it is essential in several enzymes systems, it is also required in the process of photosynthesis, it is essential in plant metabolism of carbohydrates and proteins.
- Promotes seed production and formation and plays essential role in chlorophyll formation.
- This contains 24 % copper and is used to prepare Bordeaux mixture. Preparation of 1% Bordeaux Mixture: Dissolve @ 1.0 kg of Ujjawala Copper in 50 liters of water in the first container In the second container dissolve 1.0 kg of Calcium carbonate or any lime source in 50 liters of water. Finally mix both the solutions slowly in a third container by stirring continuously for solution to become neutral.
Deficiency Symptoms: Copper deficiency results in dark green leaves and
stunted plants. Cereals show whitening of young leaf tip with the leaves
twisting in spirals and bent over at right angles to the stem. Ears may be
malformed and underdeveloped and appear white at harvest; sometimes
trapped within the leaf sheath.
Dosage: Dissolve 1 Kg of Ujjawala copper in 200 liters of water and spray on both
sides of leaves in one acre area.